Wednesday, April 24, 2013

THE KEY





Trapped and caged by a prison
of my own afflictions am I.
Lost and estranged in a loveless,
unappreciated, unsupportive, hypocritical
family.

As I reach out for someone, anyone
to hear my plea, all I hear is," Here,
this is for you, now go away."

No quality time, no true acceptance
or respect, and no true love from anyone.
A family built upon secrets and lies, all
that matters is what people see and perceive.

I am my own key to freedom,
yet when given the opportunity I back
away and hide like a beaten child from
its abuser.

Cold-hearted and unresponsive to everyone
except those I choose to allow into my world.
Gone are the days and ways for the chance
to shape and use maternal instincts.

In the blink of an eye, the natural yearning
to want to love was stripped from me.
Plucked and thrown away like the thorn
from a stemmed rose.

All my life my journey has been one big search
party; for love, acceptance, a sense of belonging,
and most of all who I am.

I sense my journey is an endless one,
for my fear paralyzes me from moving
forward and letting go.

I pray one day I can find what I'm seeking;
to find the strength to use my key and free myself.


Written By,
Claysong(C)


No comments: